Senior Structural CAD Designer
Do you have experience leading the production of structural steel drawing packages for projects? Are you looking for a role combining a small-company ethos with cutting-edge technical capabilities and expertise? Due to ongoing success and growing demand from our clients, SLPE are seeking a motivated and forward-thinking Senior Structural CAD Designer to expand our world-leading design capabilities for offshore wind substructures.
Who we’re looking for
Ideally, the successful candidate will be a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual, with a HNC / HND in Civil / Structural / Mechanical Engineering or a suitable equivalent.
The Senior CAD Designer will have experience leading the production and checking of design drawings as well as a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the creation of design drawings and 3D models for offshore structures. Applicants should be keen to continue develop their skills.
As this is a senior position, it is expected that the successful candidate will be able to work both independently and lead a team along with helping to develop more junior team members.
What we offer
This role offers an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest engineers in our industry, as part of a supportive and collaborative team dedicated to innovation and excellence. SLPE has some of the most advanced design capabilities in the sector, founded on the expertise and vision of our existing team, and this is an opportunity to be part of our ongoing development and success. This position offers the chance to help grow the design department within SLPE, as well as being a key part of delivering our most high-profile projects.
SLPE deliver world-leading projects, based on cutting-edge design processes and capabilities, and we have fun doing it. If you are motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to learn, this could be the role for you.
- Extensive experience in leading the production and checking of 2D drawings and 3D models of structural components.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience producing 2D design drawings using AutoCAD.
- Experience producing 3D models using either AutoCAD or Autodesk Advance Steel.
- Experience on projects involving offshore structures or renewable projects.
- HNC / HND in Civil / Structural / Mechanical Engineering or a suitable equivalent.
- Experience with offshore foundation structures and / or renewables projects, particularly monopiles and jackets.
- Experience with secondary steel structures in the offshore wind industry.
- Lead production and checking of technical drawing packages for offshore foundation projects to tight deadlines, both individually and leading a small team.
- Produce 3D models of offshore foundation structures (jackets, monopiles, secondary steel etc.) using AutoCAD and Autodesk Advance Steel. Training in Advance Steel will be provided if required.
- Check and approve drawings and 3D models produced by other designers.
- Oversee the work of other designers.
- Produce MTOs and other documents requested by the engineering department.
- Ensure deliverables are completed in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures and policies.
- Find novel solutions to technical problems.
- Attend regular internal meetings and external or third-party meetings as required.
- Assist engineers as required.
- Develop skills as a designer.
- Develop and mentor more junior colleagues.
Competencies & Soft Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills.
- Effective delegator.
- Be self-motivated, well organised and a team player.
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles and practices.
This role will be based in either London or Bristol. SLPE currently operates on a hybrid working basis, with staff typically expected to attend the office a minimum of 3 days per week. For a Bristol-based candidate, regular travel to SLPE’s main office in central London will be required, for which expenses will be reimbursed.
Rewards & Benefits
On top of a competitive basic salary, we offer a number of additional core benefits. These include:
- Flexible annual leave starting at 25 days a year
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Professional subscriptions, training, and support
- A flexible contributory pension scheme
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Income protection insurance
- Life assurance cover
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Generous parental leave
Salary range: £42,000 - £50,000 depending on experience