Senior (Project) Engineer - OSS Substructures
Due to continued success and a growing demand from our clients, we are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Senior (Project) Engineer to join our team based in central London.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be a highly numerate, organised and enthusiastic individual, with an advanced degree in Civil / Structural / Mechanical / Offshore Engineering, Naval Architecture or a suitable equivalent.
The position requires a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience with around 3 years’ specialising in planning and coordinating the delivery of complex engineering projects. Applicants should be a member of a professional organisation with a commitment towards continuing professional development and should be chartered or working toward chartered engineer status.
• Proven experience of complex offshore engineering projects, especially planning, coordinating, monitoring, compliance, and quality control.
• Broad technical awareness of offshore engineering principles, processes, and the associated design activities.
• Concept and detailed design of offshore wind turbine or offshore substation support structures and foundations (primarily monopiles and / or jackets).
• Ability to develop cost, time, resource estimates and project schedules for multi-discipline scopes of work.
• Ability to manage small teams of engineers and draftsmen to deliver specialist services to our clients, sometimes within tight timeframes.
• Ability to read and review engineering drawings.
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office and project planning tools e.g. MS Project, Primavera.
• Past or current user of structural analysis / FEA software e.g. SESAM, SACS, BLADED, Ansys and ABAQUS etc.
• Experience of developing and implementing software tools to increase efficiency through automation i.e. using MATLAB, VBA, Python or C#.
• Plan and coordinate multi-discipline offshore engineering projects, including scheduling, resourcing, and monitoring.
• Manage progress and costs to ensure the delivery of projects provide optimum solutions on time and to budget.
• Ensure deliverables are completed in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures, and policies as well as the applicable codes, standards, and project requirements.
• Attend regular internal meetings and external or third-party meetings as required.
• Liaison with internal and external project interfaces.
• Clear and effective communication and support to the project manager reporting on progress, performance and identifying areas for improvement.
Competencies & Soft Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal and technical skills with the confidence to liaise with clients.
• Be self-motivated, well organised and a team player.
• Decision making and leadership skills.
• Excellent report writing with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
• Knowledge of engineering rules, regulations, and best practices.
• SLPE’s office is located in central London, and it is expected that some office-based working will be required for this role. However, a degree of remote and/or flexible working will be considered for the right candidate.
• Travel to and from Northern Europe for short periods of time should be expected.
• Flexible working attitude and availability to work outside normal hours if required.
Rewards & Benefits:
On top of a competitive basic salary, we offer a number of additional core benefits. These include:
• Holidays, starting at 25 days a year.
• A flexible contributory pension arrangement.
• Life assurance.
• Private medical insurance.
• Professional subscriptions.