Project Engineer / Assistant Project Manager (Engineer / Senior)
Due to continued success and a growing demand from our clients, we are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Project Engineer to join our team of engineers based in Central London and Bristol.
The Project Engineer will have a minimum of 4 years’ engineering experience, with at least 1 year focused on supporting the project management of technical engineering projects. Experience in the offshore wind industry is a significant advantage. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills, combined with a strong technical background, familiarity with the financial, commercial, and planning aspects of project management, and a desire to develop their project management experience. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will have an advanced degree in Civil / Structural / Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, or a suitable equivalent.
This role offers an opportunity to work with some of the brightest engineers in our industry, delivering world-leading projects based on cutting-edge design processes. You will be able to learn from the best and broaden your offshore wind experience, while supporting our Engineering and Project Managers to deliver a range of exciting projects. It is anticipated that this role will offer progression towards taking on a Project Manager role for future projects.
• A strong technical background in civil, structural, mechanical, or naval engineering
• Experience supporting the project management aspects of engineering projects, such as managing costs and invoices, schedules, management of deliverables, etc.
• Experience developing cost, time, and resource estimates for technical projects
• Proven communication skills, including interacting confidently with clients and with engineering teams
• Demonstration of excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and a rigorous approach to the management of quality
• Experience in the offshore wind industry is not essential, but will be highly advantageous
• Experience of bid writing, or the management of bid preparation work
• Experience developing project schedules, using software such as Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project
• Familiarity with the structure of typical offshore wind projects, both within the foundations design team as well as more widely
• Supporting our Engineering and Project Managers with the management and delivery of our varied portfolio of offshore wind projects
• Ownership of project management aspects such as cost management and invoicing, forecasting, reporting, resource management, liaising with clients, etc.
• Managing the production of high-quality bids for a range of offshore wind projects
• Supporting a varied range of work across the team, including business development and business operations, as requirements arise
Competencies and Soft Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal and technical skills with the confidence to liaise with clients
• An understanding of client relationship management, and how best to deliver maximum value for our clients
• Be self-motivated, well organised, and a team player
• Ability to work with and manage engineering teams, to manage and deliver the project objectives
• Strong commercial awareness, with an appreciation of technical and commercial risk management
• Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work
• SLPE’s office is located in central London, and it is expected that some office-based working will be required for this role. However, a degree of remote and/or flexible working will be considered for the right candidate. A Bristol base is also a possibility.
• A flexible working attitude and availability to work outside normal hours if required is beneficial.
Rewards & Benefits:
On top of a competitive basic salary, we offer a number of additional core benefits. These include:
• Flexible annual leave starting at 25 days a year
• Annual discretionary bonus scheme
• Professional subscriptions, training, and support
• A flexible contributory pension scheme
• Private medical and dental insurance
• Income protection insurance
• Life assurance cover
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Generous parental leave
Salary range: up to £60,000 depending on experience